Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Ava's accident




These pictures are a little hard for me to post. I was making Raman noodles in the microwave and had just got them out after cooking for 3 minits. Ava was sitting on the counter top and she dove across the counter and reached for the noodles. Before I could grab her she stuck her hand in the soup and because of the diving motion the bowl slid across the counter and spilled on her face. It was a horrible experience. Mya and I took her to the ER and they gave her a little morphine to calm her down. It was really not very fun at all. She cried for about 2 hours before she finally fell asleep in my arms. We have been going to the wound clinic and got our discharge yesterday. I can't believe how fast she has healed up. Babies are amazing. Melaleuca helps too!

3 comments:

Jessica Schwendiman said...

Wow! That is so sad. Burns are the WORST sort of pain. Poor baby!

Pickett Fences said...

Oh my gosh, that looks horrible!

Ty and Shay said...

Wow Sara, I am so sorry. How is she doing?